These days i got an “Unhandled event loop exception” in MyEclipse, which made me unable to work because a PopUp was shown every minute. The complete exception:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Argument cannot be null
shows that the reason is a given null argument in setText(). The Problem is disscused in the MyEclipse forum but there is no actual fix.
For this reason my colleague Thomas and me patched the class. To fix the bug just change the jar located under: [MyEclipseHome]
\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.3.0.v3346.jar with our patched version.
We are sorry you ran into this issue. With the help of some users it seems that the “Hot Fix” we released before the 6.0.1 release to fix an issue with Hibernate and Spring JARs being signed, is actually causing the issue.
If you are already running 6.0.1, you can go to Help > Manage Configuration, find the Hotfix listed under the MyEclipse product extension and disable it. So far reports are that stops the IAE exceptions.
Please let us know if you run into any additional issues.
thanks for your reply. I disabled the Security Hotfix today and will check out if this works for me. I give you feedback in a few days.